Monday, August 4, 2008

New, as yet Nameless, Project

New Project, New Format-- This format is new for me so it may take some getting used to. I guess I need to say a little bit more about this new project and then why I feel so compelled to jump into it.

First, a few Scriptures-- What does the Word say about this? I encourage you to check out just a few of these verses to see what has motivated me. 1 John 4:1 tell us to test the spirits to see whether they are from God. Rev 2:2 Jesus commends the church for testing those who claimed to be speaking for Him. Titus 1:9 says that we are to hold to the true message, encourage sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. 1 Thess 5:21 we are to test everything and hold on to the good. Is 5:20 warns those who call evil good and good evil. Acts 17:11 teaches to examine the Scriptures to see if what is being taught is true. Rev 2:17 says that he who has an ear to hear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Project-- Needs a Name. Suggestions welcome!! The subject matter is so BROAD!!! Contemplative Spirituality (don't worry, I will define and explain all words/terms as I add new posts), Ancient Future Worship, Emerging Church, Postmodernism, New Gospel, New Jesus, Spiritual Formation, Centering Prayer, Yoga, New Age, and more and more!!! The project involves researching all the people, organizations, events, books, concepts, and practices that are part of a new anti-Biblical movement that looks and smells very, very Christian. But it is quite heretical in nature. In fact, some of you may be shocked and surprised over what I am going to be reporting in this blog. I will be referring you to websites and other blogs as my resources for this research, so you can check it out for yourself (see on the left and below all posts)

Purpose-- Simply to educate and inform. I do not wish to try to convince anyone that I am right and that they must read/accept what I report. In fact, I welcome questions and even criticisms and will respond as best I can. Blogs allow this kind of feedback and I encourage you to use it. I feel so very compelled by God to do this that I just cannot not (strong double negative!!) do it. In fact, my rational person would rather NOT do this. It is controversial, involves many well-respected Christian men and women and organizations and is receiving lots of criticism and negative responses in the blogs and websites where it is being exposed. Why would I want to contribute one more?

Brief testimony-- As some of you know, before I became a born-again Christian, I was a New Ager. I had been born into a Christian family, attended church, even was confirmed in the Lutheran Church when I was a young teen. However, I did not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and so rejected the truth when I took a class in anthropology at age 19. That led me into a 20+ year journey away from Christ and into the New Age Christ. Totally different people!!! Because I was so deceived and misled, I have a deep conviction to not see others deceived and misled in the same way. Thus, my interest in contributing one more voice.

What's already available?-- Although there is a great deal of information available in this area of research (see on the left and below for websites to visit. I will be adding to this list) in books, DVDs, MP3s, podcasts, journals, magazine articles, newspaper articles, websites, blogs, etc., it is not organized in one single place and is not easily retrievable depending on what you want to do with it. Therefore, I am feeling compelled to develop a personal data base that is organized by individuals, the books that they have written and endorsed, the organizations and events they are participating in and what they are specifically saying about a large variety of subject matter. An enormous and intimidating task that one should really count the cost of before taking on. But, if God wants this to happen, He can make it so (Phil 4:13). I pray daily for guidance and direction and covet your prayers in this as well.

How will I use this database?-- I am praying for opportunity, and have already had one chance, to present this heresy here in Ukraine. I want to warn the Family of God about something that is silently creeping (and has been for the last 10 years) into the Christian church. Because God has given me "ears to hear", I can not sit idly by and watch this aposty happen. May He give me the courage and strength I need!

My next post will begin to "get into it"!!!

No comments: